Jun 23, 2005

I'm floored

Posted by Mary |

Actually, it's my cabin that's floored. And getting walls, to boot. I will get the pictures developed and online soon.

The last few days have been hectic. Melissa and Ian rolled back into town on Monday evening. Unfortunately I had to get up at 2 a.m. on Tuesday to go downtown with Terri and Suzn for the live broadcast from Golden Heart Plaza. Not a good scene, especially when wearing cabaret bellydance outfits and full makeup. We had breakfast (in costume, no less), then I headed off to Mushing to work. I did a few hours, then dragged my weary self home for 4 hours of sleep. Then I was back up and fine-tuning a solo, and headed back downtown for a 3 p.m. performance at the Midnight Sun Street Festival. Yes, that meant more makeup and another bellydance costume. After changing back into my street clothes, I crashed the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner company picnic for some free food. Soon enough, I was back in costume, with makeup refreshed, for the 8 p.m. performance.

On the bright side, the crowds were very appreciative of our efforts, and cheered throughout our shows. However, macaroni salad, hamburgers, giant cups of ice cream, gyros and soft pretzels do not make for a happy stomach. I was still feeling ill yesterday.

Today I'm just working at the university library, and I've got an interview for some part-time graphic design work this afternoon. Fingers crossed!

0 comments:

Subscribe