Jun 16, 2005

Brace yourself

Posted by Mary |

I expect to catch shit for this opinion, but here I go anyway.

Yesterday was the big BRAC hearing in Fairbanks. And I understand that keeping the Air Force base open is very important to some people. I grew up near a Navy base, and I'm familiar with the military. But I don't appreciate them. To me, military people are like blind animals, mindlessly obeying any order they are given. Have we not learned from the mistakes of the past?

Anyway, the hippies managed to get out and protest the BRAC hearing, and News-Miner photographer Eric Engman captured the scene.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And here's the worst part: according to the caption on the photograph, the woman in red (whose clutched cigarette and lighter shall remain unmentioned. Oops.) apparently told the other person that WalMart wouldn't have opened a store here if the bases weren't here. Oh my. I think she just managed to make my argument against the military for me.

0 comments:

Subscribe