Jun 24, 2005

And a cheer goes up from APR

Posted by Mary |

I received this long-awaited e-mail from Ron Inouye today:

The State Library has funded the continuation indexing of the "All Alaska Weekly"! In celebration I'm offering up a pair of tickets to each of you for a Sunday evening ride on the RiverboatDiscovery as part of the "Stone Soup" fundraiser. Folks board at 6:30p;the cruise is from 7:30 to 9:30. Bring a picnic or food can be purchased aboard according to the NM ads. Let me know if you're interested! I'm sorry for the late notification, but it's time to celebrate!
Ronald K. Inouye
Bibliography of Alaska & Polar Regions
UAFRasmuson Library
Fairbanks, AK 99775-6808


Now, it's not the cruise that I'm so excited about. It's that with the continued funding, I will be staying in my position at the UAF library for at least another year. Goodbye worries, hello job!!

It's good timing, as I had a job interview yesterday for a part-time graphic designer position at UAF University Relations. It went OK, but I was distracted by one of my interviewers. She probably thought I was thrown by her two-toned Goth haircut or the giant tattoo across her chest. Actually, she was the spitting image of an old friend, Amy Hannum. Same nose, eyes, eyebrows, facial shape, haircut, etc. It was freaky.

Now, on the off chance I should be offered that job, I will accept it. It's 20 hours a week with benefits, so I could theoretically work there, at the library and at Mushing. But if I don't get it, at least I know that by November-ish, the library will be forced to give me benefits, as I will have achieved 'extended temporary' status.

0 comments:

Subscribe