May 3, 2006

a sign of the times?

Posted by Mary |

While reading a 1986 issue of Intercom, the employee newsletter for Standard Alaska Production Company, I came across one of those little space filler "joke" lists. This one was titled "You'll know things are messed up when..." Two items caught my eye.

  • Gas station operators across the country wear turbans and speak Arabic.
  • Getting elected to positions like governor will require not only that the candidate is a millionaire, but also that he or she has an acting background.

Fortunately, neither of these have come true in the last 20 years.

1 comments:

DJ Ten Ninjas said...

Hey Mary,

I don't have your e-mail address, but one of my friends is interested in checking out the apartment at the commune. Can you e-mail me details at fsbts1@uaf.edu ?

Thanks!

Brandon S.

Subscribe