Jul 31, 2005

Photo update: Part 2 - The cabin

Posted by Mary |

And now, the long-awaited photos of the cabin.


When we returned from camping in Denali, we found that the cabin had acquired walls for a second floor. We discussed it with Robert, and agreed to add side walls as well, thereby totally encasing the second floor.


A few days later, and presto! Side walls and a roof. Tom and I also spent a long time at Home Depot playing with their paint computer before selecting "Hazel Woods" for the exterior. It will blend into the surroundings in the summer and totally stand out in the winter. The paint computer, I should note, gave us absolutely no options remotely similar to the cabin to try the colors on. They should really add a shed to the list, as all their houses are McMansions.


Here's a lovely dark look at the interior. It keeps getting wet from the rain. This is where a roof will come in handy. It will also be brighter once all the windows are installed.


From the bottom of the hill, the cabin looks pretty big. All the scaffolding helps to enlarge it as well.

Since these pictures were taken, the window and door holes have been cut out, and the cabin is now throughly green. We realized that the stairway opening is not large enough to get the bed through, which prompted plans to hoist it up the side before the walls were enclosed. Instead, we are going to build a platform for the bed and just use the mattress, which can be squished through the hole.

Tom and I spent more time with the paint computer to pick out interior colors. Again, I don't believe we'll be having high ceilings or crown moldings in our cabin, and there were no other options. I've found a lovely fabric for curtains which Tom doesn't like. He's gone from not liking it to agreeing to use it for the bedroom curtains. With persistent nagging, I should be able to get it downstairs as well. Unless he's reading this, in which case I totally respect his wishes because he's an intelligent, handsome man with great taste in interior design.

15 comments:

Scott said...

Not what I was searching for, but none the less and interesting blog here. Thanks for putting it up. I've enjoyed reading alot of the text here. I got you bookmarked for the future, I'll be back.

My site is a bit different, some think it's odd. I guess it's a matter how you look at it. I have a free penis enlarging methods review site related site. Most of the articles are on free penis enlarging methods review site.

Enlargement said...

Alot of interesting comments on this blog, I was searching for some doctor related info and some how came across this site. I found it pretty cool, so I bookmarked. I'll really liked the second post on the front page, that got my attention.

My site is in a bit different area, but just as useful. I have a free 6 week body makeover related site focusing on free 6 week body makeover and mens health related topics.

Enlargement said...

I will pop back in from time to time to see what you have new here.

My site is a bit different than yours, but just as entertaining and educational, I run a how to enlarge your penis without pills related site pertaining to how to enlarge your penis without pills related articles.

UltimateWeightLoss said...

Nice blog you have here! If you get a chance you may want to visit this enlarge penis site, it's a very nice site.

Cash Advance Man said...

Alot of interesting comments on this blog, I was searching for some doctor related info and some how came across this site. I found it pretty cool, so I bookmarked. I'll really liked the second post on the front page, that got my attention.

My site is in a bit different area, but just as useful. I have a enlarge penis related site focusing on enlarge penis and mens health related topics.

Smallman said...

I skim a lot of blogs, and so far yours is in the Top 3 of my list of favorites. I'm going to dive in and try my hand at it, so wish me luck.

It'll be in a totally different area than yours (mine is about how to enlarge your penis) I know, it sounds strange, but it's like anything, once you learn more about it, it's pretty cool. It's mostly about how to enlarge your penis related articles and subjects.

Cash Advance Man said...

This site is great, nice job!!

I have a penis enlarge info site. It is about penis enlarge articles and stuff.

Drop by when you can, nice site here!

Scott said...

Interesting blog you have here, I landed here on accident. I was searching for something else and came across your site. I found it pretty interesting and entertaining. I got you book marked.

I will pop back in from time to time to see what you have new here.

My site is a bit different than yours, but just as entertaining and educational, I run a enlarge penis related site pertaining to enlarge penis related articles.

doer said...

Hello, just visited your blog, it's informative. I also have a better sex life related website, hope that it is useful to you

HealthyArticles said...

I have a enlarge penis site. It pretty much covers enlarge penis related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Enlargement said...

Alot of interesting comments on this blog, I was searching for some doctor related info and some how came across this site. I found it pretty cool, so I bookmarked. I'll really liked the second post on the front page, that got my attention.

My site is in a bit different area, but just as useful. I have a enlargement penis plastic surgery related site focusing on enlargement penis plastic surgery and mens health related topics.

autocounsel said...

To read more about subaru dealerships follow that link

autocounsel said...

While reading this I was reminded of mazda mx6 you should stop by.

accordion-6A045E said...

Great blog! I also have a site about waterski wallpaper
. You can check it out at waterski wallpaper
.

Also, as a special bonus, I want to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE Sony DVD Handycam. Just click the link below and enter your Zipcode to qualify.

FREE Sony DVD Handycam

Blog World said...

A dying man needs to die, as a sleepy man needs to sleep, and there comes a time when it is wrong, as well as useless, to resist.
Stewart Alsop- Posters.

Subscribe