Your help,please. I've been trying to come up with an "Overwrought" playlist for my iPod, but I need some suggestions. What constitutes an overwrought song? Well, it's pretty much song where the emotional level of the singing far outweighs the meat of the lyrics.
The rules are that only one song from an artist can be nominated. This eliminates the chance of people suggesting the discography of, say, Meatloaf. Or Tom Jones. Or Neil Diamond. Instead, you've got to say "I would do anything for love (but I won't do that)" or "Delilah" or "Captain of a shipwreck."
Here's what I've got so far:
- Bangles - Eternal Flame
- Martika - Toy Soldiers
- Aerosmith - What it takes
- Chris Isaak - Wicked Game
- Asia - Heat of the Moment
- Dio - Holy Diver
- Cyndi Lauper - All Through the Night
- Don Henley - The Boys of Summer
- Dusty Springfield - Son of a preacherman
- George Michael - Somebody Tell Me or maybe Teacher
- Glen Campbell - Rhinestone Cowboy
- Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown or If You COuld Read My Mind?
- the "Enterprise" theme song
- "Man in motion" from St. Elmo's Fire
- Journey - Don't stop believin'
- Poison - Every rose has its thorn
- Susan Tedeschi - It hurt so bad
- Europe - The final countdown
- Coolio - Gangster's paradise
- Kim Carnes - Bette Davis eyes
- Starship - Sara
- Frank Black - Los Angeles
- Jamie O'Neal - All by myself
- Jars of clay - Flood
- John Denver - Take me home, country roads
- Lee Greenwood - Proud to be an American
- Laura Branigan - Gloria
- Ozzy Osbourne and Lita Ford - If I close my eyes forever
So, suggestions for Bon Jovi, Winger, Damn Yankees, etc.?
edit to add suggestions:
Mama Caselli sez Night Ranger - Sister Christian
Tom sez Asia - Don't Cry; Journey - Separate Ways
Mr. Caselli sez Nazareth - Love Hurts
Archeobot sez Def Leopard - Love Bites; Guns N Roses - November Rain; Bon Jovi - Livin' On A Prayer; Winger - I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight