Jan 5, 2006

jet lag blues

Posted by Mary |

While I'd love to celebrate my return (and my new digital camera) with a nice, big post, I'm still too tired to do anything. I woke up Tuesday morning at 7 a.m. (that's 3 a.m. Alaska time) and began preparations for my return home.

Thanks to a little girl reading her Bible lessons out loud, I got no sleep between Boston and Seattle. Thanks to a mother who decided it was a great idea for her kids to run around the people attempting to sleep in the airport, I got no sleep in Anchorage. By the time we made it to Fairbanks at 8 a.m., I was wired and tired, a delightful combination. We cleaned, we ate, we spent time at the DMV, and by the time we went to bed, it was around 9 p.m. That's pretty close to two days without sleep.

Many other Alaska blogs have great timelines of the past year, which I would also do if I had the energy or memory. Instead, I'll just rattle off a few of the year's highs (and lows)

  • new cabin built at Hidden Hill This was a high (got a place to live) and a low (took quite some time to get that place to live)
  • dorky library job at UAF Technically I got the job in Nov. 2004, but I got another contract in June.
  • Tom moved into above-mentioned new cabin Great, except for the stress of living with a boy.
  • ego problems and friendship dramas Proof that you can get away with being an asshole if you're charming
  • travel A high for me to see the family, but a low that apparently I will have to be the one to travel to do it. You know Alaska is beautiful, so why don't you just come up here?
  • dance Joined the bellydance troupe as a full member, took over their web site, auditioned students for student troupe, taught myself Bollywood dance, performed in a burlesque show, etc.

0 comments:

Subscribe