Feb 27, 2009

methuselah

Posted by Mary |

Today I finally emptied a can of air freshener. Why do I deem this ordinary event to be blog-worthy? I bought that can of air freshener at KMart when I moved to Alaska six years ago. This makes me realize that:

a) I've been here for six years!
b) I'm getting old.
c) My roommates were still in high school when I bought that air freshener.

This weekend will be another busy one: a reading tonight, seeing one of Tom's plays tomorrow and hopefully some skiing on Sunday. Sunday is also the Ester Library Lallapalooza. I'm going to be bringing an item for the dessert auction. I put it out for some votes, and it looks like I'll be making Salted Caramel and Pecan Cheesecake. I have a thing for salted caramel lately.

1 comments:

Cara J. said...

It is funny how aging works. You don't really think about it until a) someone points our their birth year or b) you mention that you did something in 1997 and your office mate makes a comment about being in 7th grade in 97 and then you have a mental freakout.

BTW finishing a can of air freshener is a major accomplishment I'm still working on one we got when we moved in.

Subscribe