Spite will get you to the altar, but love will carry you through.
--Dara, on whether or not to
marry someone out of spite


I have survived the following (in chronological order):
  • a massively unhealthy dinner from Carl’s Jr. on Wednesday night (made even more unhealthy by my decision to swap out the drink for a Cap’n Crunch milkshake)
  • beer. Quite a bit of it.
  • moving furniture while drunk. When I was growing up, I used to rearrange my bedroom every few months. It was a small room with lots of furniture, but I found at least four arrangements that would work. Living in our cabin at the commune, I couldn’t rearrange because some of the furniture was built in. I’ve been in this house for 11 months and have rearranged the living room twice and my bedroom once. I am scared of being in a rut, even furniture-wise. Commitment issues??
  • watching crappy TV with Jennie
  • starting Thursday with a bottle of champagne. At 8:15 a.m. Don’t worry – I took the day off from work.
  • finishing said bottle by 10:30 and realizing I hadn’t eaten food yet.
  • an epic-length dinner at a local restaurant. We had no less than three people helping us, resulting in a lot of miscommunication, and it took us more than 90 minutes to get our food. The end result? 25% off our bill and profuse apologies from a young man who was wearing makeup.
  • Bollywood choreography after a day of little work but much drinking
  • a frank sex talk with my ex-boyfriend
  • Thursday. In general.

But you know what can cheer me up even when I’m down? My grandmother sent me a dirty card. And tonight I’ll meet up with a friend who is in town from NYC for the summer. Dinner, hopefully no more drinks and a movie with a group of friends. I’ve nixed my plans to flee town for the weekend. Instead I’ll let James cook me dinner on Sunday. And I think I’ve found two grad students to move into my house. Life may not have been good yesterday, but it’s getting better.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Frank sex talk with your ex-b? Are you crazy?

rustic said...

Rustic Living Room Furniture sets augment the overall beauty of any room. With various room decoration items and gadgets flooding the market, it may sometimes be very confusing as what furniture’s to select for your living rooms - furniture’s which suit your tastes, match your room's environment and of course meet your budget! However, rustic furniture sets have an all-time appeal because of their simple yet versatile designs and light-weight (can easily be shifted from one room to other). http://rustic-living-room-furniture.blogspot.com

Subscribe