Sep 14, 2007

another geekish squeal of delight

Posted by Mary |

OMG!!!!!! You know I'm excited when I start using acronyms. LOL!!!! (OK, that one made me feel dirty)

Did you know that there's a Society of Typographic Aficionados? And they have a yearly convention called TypeCon???? And at the latest TypeCon they screened Helvetica, a movie all about fonts?!?!?!?!?!?

Dear God, I feel a little faint! And, um, maybe slightly like I might cry if I ever got to go to a TypeCon.


Oh, yes, blah blah blah, haven't posted recently because I started a new job. I'm working for The Man now. That's right, working for The Man every night and day. I figure it's best not to use DoD computers to update my blog while I'm on the clock.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, glad you got a job, even if it is working for The Man. I like it when The Man pays my bills.

Anonymous said...

And they say librarians are geeky :-) Oh, if your DoD asks "shall we play a game?", don't choose Global Thermonuclear War. Matthew Broderick taught us that much ....
--RLR

Deirdre Helfferich said...

Oooooh! Fonts! and typeface! and really HOT kerning!

hubba, hubba!

Anonymous said...

You should go to the next TypeCon. It's cheap, as conference go, and the next one is in scenic Buffalo. They are kinda geeky but better than most design conferences.

If you want to go for free, just take a bunch of pictures of signs in AK and then write up a little talk proposal and send it to the organizer. They have these little 20 minute talks and they end up being stuff like, I kid you not, the design feminine hygiene bags, a topic rambled through by a Reading prof at the Seattle Type Con.

Subscribe