May 13, 2010

heard at home (and a poll)

Posted by Mary |

Inbred bacon is just as tasty.
--Me, explaining why
we only need two pigs
after the apocalypse


I need to buy new living room furniture. No, it's not what you think. Well, not if you're thinking, "Oooh, someone bought a house and got an $8K tax credit and wants to spend her money." However, if you were thinking, "Oooh, someone is finally getting rid of her 5-year old couch that she got for free when someone moving out of state left it behind because it was falling apart even then," you were pretty much spot on. The couch attempts to swallow you whole when you sit on it. Cushions, blankets and small children have disappeared in its proximity. And the arms are starting to separate from the rest of it. Plus, $8K tax credit, suckas!

So here's my debate. With small floorspace, I have fewer options when it comes to furniture. Thus I've found three possible options. I present to you, without further ado, floorplans.

My current living room situation. The yellow is representative of the wall color. And all that stuff to the bottom left is not a solid wall but open space to the dining area and built-ins. The only thing that must stay is the wood tv stand along the bottom edge.

Option #1

Option #2
Option #3 (The thing between the couch and loveseat is a possible matching ottoman)

As you can see, there really are limited possibilities when it comes to furniture arranging. All three choices also come with a chair or ottoman, but I don't really think they'll fit. And yes, Virginia, the boxes do represent the color of the furniture. But remember that my walls are paintable.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

a) at first I was sure that I had read chickens have been known to disappear into the black hole of the old couch.

b) i'd go with the red, mostly because it seems most practical and cozy.

- julia

Anonymous said...

I vote for #3. Alaska calls for light colors to brighten those long winter days. Coffee table instead of ottoman would be less bulky.

Anonymous said...

I vote for #3. Alaska calls for light colors to brighten those long winter days. Coffee table instead of ottoman would be less bulky.

Subscribe