Apr 7, 2010

mind games

Posted by Mary |

Last night MNB showed me an online game he'd designed. I had been drinking a beer, so I was only half paying attention as he tried to explain how to play, but it involved moving seeds along two rows of nine cups. There was something called a "home cup," and the objective was to capture your opponent's seeds.

I tried explaining to him that I was a sore loser. I told him how I would scream "Don't touch me!" when Tom tried to console me after games of Scrabble. But nope, he wanted to play this game anyway. So I agreed to do it.

Then I whupped his ass.

I whupped it so thoroughly.

And when I was done whupping it, I pointed out how he needed to redesign the program because the box for my score was too small and my score actually extended outside of it.

And thus he did learn that I am also a sore winner.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

The game was Toguz Kumalak. And it's here, http://www.bvcb.us/unit23.html . Click a cup to play it.

The directions for play are here, http://mancala.wikia.com/wiki/Toguz_Kumalak

:P

Subscribe